"Survey: Nearly Half Of People Who Use Cannabidiol (CBD) Products Stop Taking Traditional Medicines"
- Forbes, Aug 2017 | Go To Article
"Cannabis a medical miracle - it's official"
- The Guardian, Nov 2001 | Go To Article
CBD is changing lives. I am a health coach and I read almost daily about the incredible benefits it is having for people with health conditions of all kinds.
At first, it sounded too good to be true. I literally had a hard time believing all the claims. Because CBD seems to help almost everything. And that's because CBD gets at the main causes of illness: inflammation, and stress.
Here are CBD's main benefits:
1. Axiolytic - reduces anxiety, great for social anxiety
2. Anti-psychotic - and counters the effects of THC
3. Anti-inflammatory - most chronic conditions involve inflammation
4. Anti-oxidant - slows aging
6. Reduces pain
7. Helps regulate blood sugar
8. Neuro-protective - helps prevent Alzheimers
9. May be cancer-preventive
10. Has helped shrink tumours
11. Greatly reduces seizures in Epilepsy
12. Improves skin conditions
WHO - World Health Organization recently put out a report, saying "CBD has zero chance of harm".
I have studied holistic healing for 20 years, and I have never seen one thing help more people than CBD oil. CBD is the most abundant cannabinoid in hemp, and CBD will not make you high.
In my opinion, CBD and the Endo-Cannabinoid System are two of the greatest health discoveries of the 21st century.
My friend Teresa began taking CBD and it ended both her chronic back pain AND her anxiety, and she says she sleeps better too! She raves about CBD and says it changed her life.
My first CBD customer, Julia, emailed me saying she took just 5 drops of CBD, and her migraine went away almost completely, within less than a minute.
Lynn Cameron took CBD oil for her "incurable" brain tumour. She was told she had "6 to 18 months to live". Four years later, no brain tumour and she is doing great!
I have also seen skin conditions greatly improve, and diabetics able to take much less insulin, since CBD helps regulate blood sugar. And yes, all the above testimonials are from the CBD that I sell.
In fact, it was hard for me to believe all the claims I was reading. I literally had to call up a few of these people to hear it for myself. I also began researching CBD myself through multiple sources.
CBD Does Not Make You High
CBD, aka Cannabidiol, is one of the main cannabinoids in cannabis. CBD does not make you high.
The other famous cannabinoid, THC, is what makes you high (THC aka "The High Causer").
CBD is usually purchased with minimal or no THC.
Right now, people are turning to CBD mostly for pain, anxiety, and inflammation. Though I think as awareness grows, it will be increasingly taken to lower blood sugar and protect the brain and delay aging, and for cancer prevention - it's an ideal supplement for seniors.
How Does It Work?
CBD it not a drug. CBD helps restore homeostasis (balance) through its effects on our Endo-Cannabinoid System - which is a recent discovery.
CBD and THC both work through their effects on the recently discovered Endo-Cannabinoid System - a system of receptors that exist throughout the human body, but are particularly concentrated in the brain.
The US Government has literally had a patent on CBD for the last 30 years for its neuro-protective qualities. They stressed out mice - and the ones that were on CBD ran the maze faster.
Many people feel that CBD is an ideal supplement for seniors especially.
The first 20 min is an excellent overview of CBD and Cannabis Medicine
But how can CBD do all this?
There are receptor sites for CBD throughout the body
The Endo-Cannabinoid System (ECS) seems to help regulate many other body systems, helping to normalize their functioning. The ECS is made up of CB1 and CB2 receptors, which have been found throughout the body, including the brain, heart, and large intestine. CBD activates your ECS, creating both immediate and preventive health benefits. And CBD does this without side effects and without being addictive. The Endocannabinoid System has been called a kind of master regulatory system in the human body.
One big driver of CBD being legalized is that it greatly helps reduce seizures in people with epilepsy. A second big driver is the opioid epidemic we have in North America, since CBD is proven to reduce the need for opioids.
How to Choose a Good Brand of CBD oil?
There are three things to look for in CBD oil:
1. Get your CBD Organic. Hemp is a bio-accumulator, which means it draws toxins from the soil. It cleans and rejuvenates the soil. Which is great for the soil, but not so good for you if your Hemp CBD isn't organic. So if health is your aim, Organically grown CBD is the way to go, to be sure you are getting a clean product. Our CBD has lab reports right on our website under "Documentation", showing the amounts of the various cannabinoids, and the lack of things like heavy metals.
2. Get whole plant CBD, not an isolate. Today there are basically two kinds of CBD being sold on the market: whole plant extract, and isolates. The whole plant extract is just that: you are getting the whole plant meaning all the other cannabinoids and terpenes, which enhances the CBD's effectiveness - this has been called the Entourage Effect. In contrast, CBD isolates have a narrower "therapeutic window". They are are still effective and are often taken by those who must pass a drug test, however 'full spectrum' CBD is preferred.
3. Get CBD from a reputable company. A while back I read about a company that tested many brands of CBD oil in the US. And what they found was that some of them had no CBD in them at all! So, personally, I think if you're spending $70 to $100 dollars on CBD oil - you want to get one from a brand with a reputation for quality.
Now you know a lot more about CBD than most people, especially if you watched the video.